- Sunday, May 26, 2019
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Save to your Calendar
It's Gracefield Sunday @ Knox this weekend, our annual Sunday Emphasis and Celebration of one of the great treasures within the Presbytery of Ottawa: Gracefield Christian Camp and Retreat Centre. Every summer, Gracefield Camp is a beehive of activity welcoming children and youth for summer camps and also has designated sites for campers of all levels of experience! Check out Gracefield Camp online or find out more this Sunday @ Knox during 11 AM worship!
Sunday's sermon is "The World Needs More Light," based on the following Readings:
Sunday Worship usually concludes around noon, after which many remain for Coffee Hour, an opportunity to enjoy refreshments and conversation for either a short time or the entire hour.
REMINDER: Be mindful of downtown street closures with Race Weekend happening in the city-centre. Although, what's a few additional street closures for people attending Knox, right?
- We have childcare for infants and very young children in a nursery downstairs. Parents are welcome to bring young children into the sanctuary or to the Nursery, and may also stay with their children in the Nursery if they choose.
- Sunday School is available for children ages 3 and up. Children are encouraged to join adults for the beginning of worship, up to and including the Children's Time, after which they are dismissed for Sunday School to Geneva Hall, where parents or guardians can receive them again following worship.
- 11 AM marks the start of worship, which usually lasts one hour, followed by a time of refreshments and conversation in Geneva Hall. Everyone is encouraged to join us in Geneva Hall after worship, though if your schedule or situation doesn't fit, we totally understand if you need to be on your way after the service.
- PARKING: Parking can be challenging right now during the construction on Elgin Street. Unless you're walking, bussing, or using time-travel to get to Knox, you'll want to give yourself enough time to secure a place for your vehicle as we also don't have our own parking lot. All this said, FREE PARKING is available on most nearby streets on weekends.
- GOOD NEWS ABOUT CITY HALL PARKADE: Ottawa City Hall recently passed a motion granting FREE parking at the City Hall Parkade on evenings and weekends, lasting through to the conclusion of Elgin street construction in 2019. The Parkade is accessible from the west entrance at Elgin & Nepean or the North doors from Laurier Avenue. Knox is directly south of City Hall at the corner of Lisgar and Elgin Streets.