Sunday Worship @ 11 AM
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 11:00AM - 12:00PM
- Knox Sanctuary
It's the SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT this weekend and Knox continues this annual Christian season of anticipation with lighting the CANDLE OF PEACE in addition to singing carols and hymns of the season. Worship begins 11AM, followed by Coffee Hour immediately following the service in our Geneva Hall. Sunday's sermon is based on Luke 1:68-79 and the message is titled "THE HOPE-FILLED SONG OF ZECHARIAH." Please join us!
- We have childcare for infants and very young children in a nursery downstairs. Parents are welcome to bring young children into the sanctuary or to the Nursery, and may also stay with their children in the Nursery if they choose.
- Sunday School is available for children ages 3 and up. Children are encouraged to join adults for the beginning of worship, up to and including the Children's Time, after which they are dismissed for Sunday School to Geneva Hall, where parents or guardians can receive them again following worship.
- 11 AM marks the start of worship, which usually lasts one hour, followed by a time of refreshments and conversation in Geneva Hall. Everyone is encouraged to join us in Geneva Hall after worship, though if your schedule or situation doesn't fit, we totally understand if you need to be on your way after the service.
- PARKING: Unless you're walking, bussing, or using time-travel to get to Knox, you'll want to give yourself enough time to secure a place for your vehicle as we don't have our own parking lot. Free parking is available on most streets on weekends, including both sides of Lisgar Street every Sunday.
- GOOD NEWS ABOUT CITY HALL PARKADE: Ottawa City Hall recently passed a motion granting FREE parking at the City Hall Parkade on evenings and weekends, lasting through to the conclusion of Elgin street construction in 2019. The Parkade is accessible from the west entrance at Elgin & Nepean or the North doors from Laurier Avenue. Knox is directly south of City Hall at the corner of Lisgar and Elgin Streets.