- Sunday, December 16, 2018
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Knox Sanctuary
- Save to your Calendar
Worship this Sunday, December 16th @ 11 AM includes our Annual Christmas Pageant featuring children of all ages, and adults too! The Pageant will include readings about the story of Jesus' birth and some favourite Christmas Carols. We'll witness and celebrate a baptism, welcoming a new member to Knox Church's growing family of believers in Jesus.
It's the THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT, and we'll also continue our annual tradition of lighting the Advent Candles, this week very fittingly with the candle of Joy! Sunday's message, "A Charismatic Christmas" will reflect on the joy we're invited to experience, during the season of celebrating Christ's birth, and always!
- We have childcare for infants and very young children in a nursery downstairs. Parents are welcome to bring young children into the sanctuary or to the Nursery, and may also stay with their children in the Nursery if they choose.
- Sunday School is available for children ages 3 and up. Children are encouraged to join adults for the beginning of worship, up to and including the Children's Time, after which they are dismissed for Sunday School to Geneva Hall, where parents or guardians can receive them again following worship.
- 11 AM marks the start of worship, which usually lasts one hour, followed by a time of refreshments and conversation in Geneva Hall. Everyone is encouraged to join us in Geneva Hall after worship, though if your schedule or situation doesn't fit, we totally understand if you need to be on your way after the service.
- PARKING: Unless you're walking, bussing, or using time-travel to get to Knox, you'll want to give yourself enough time to secure a place for your vehicle as we don't have our own parking lot. Free parking is available on most streets on weekends, including both sides of Lisgar Street every Sunday.
- GOOD NEWS ABOUT CITY HALL PARKADE: Ottawa City Hall recently passed a motion granting FREE parking at the City Hall Parkade on evenings and weekends, lasting through to the conclusion of Elgin street construction in 2019. The Parkade is accessible from the west entrance at Elgin & Nepean or the North doors from Laurier Avenue. Knox is directly south of City Hall at the corner of Lisgar and Elgin Streets.