- Sunday, July 21, 2019
- 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Knox Sanctuary
- Save to your Calendar
Join us for worship this Sunday, July 21st @ 10:30 AM! Sunday's sermon is "The Spiritual But Not Religious Practice of Sleeping" part of a sermon series on practices and daily habits which, though not often highlighted by churches as religiously significant, are still very essential to human life, even spiritual. This week we focus on how sleep and rest are given to us by God, and when used well, can help our minds, bodies, and souls flourish, and be at our best for both ourselves and our neigbhour. The following readings will guide us:
- We have childcare for infants and very young children in a nursery downstairs. Parents are welcome to bring young children into the sanctuary or to the Nursery, and may also stay with their children in the Nursery if they choose.
- Sunday School is available for children ages 3 and up. Children are encouraged to join adults for the beginning of worship, up to and including the Children's Time, after which they are dismissed for Sunday School to Geneva Hall, where parents or guardians can receive them again following worship.
- 10:30 AM marks the start of worship, which usually lasts for about one hour, followed by a time of refreshments and conversation in Geneva Hall. Everyone is encouraged to join us in Geneva Hall after worship, though if your schedule or situation doesn't fit, we totally understand if you need to be on your way after the service.
- PARKING: Unless you're walking, bussing, or using time-travel to get to Knox, you'll want to give yourself enough time to secure a place for your vehicle as we don't have our own parking lot. Free parking is available on most nearby streets, though Lisgar Street is presently unavailable due to the Elgin Street Construction project.
- GOOD NEWS ABOUT CITY HALL PARKADE: Ottawa City Hall is granting FREE parking at the City Hall Parkade on evenings and weekends, lasting through to the conclusion of Elgin street construction in 2019. The Parkade is accessible from the west entrance at Elgin & Nepean or the North doors from Laurier Avenue. Knox is directly south of City Hall at the corner of Lisgar and Elgin Streets.