Sunday Worship, 11 AM
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 11:00AM - 12:00PM
- Knox Sanctuary
We welcome all to worship with us at Knox this Sunday, October 14th, including our Guest Speaker, Mr. Silvio Esteves, a student in training for Ministry at McGill University through the Presbyterian College, Montreal. Sil was speak on the theme, "You are Salt to the Earth," based on the words of Jesus from Matthew 5:13. Click on this and the other readings for this Sunday below:
It's also the second Sunday of the month, meaning it's Centretown Emergency Food Centre Sunday! Bring your non-perishable food items to add to the Red Wagon on it's way to the front of the Sanctuary as part of Children's Time, led this week by our Interns, Ty Coulter and Kyle Chalupka.
- We have childcare for infants and very young children in a nursery downstairs. Parents are welcome to bring young children into the sanctuary or to the Nursery, and may also stay with their children in the Nursery if they choose.
- Sunday School is available for children ages 3 and up. Children are encouraged to join adults for the beginning of worship, up to and including the Children's Time, after which they are dismissed for Sunday School to Geneva Hall, where parents or guardians can receive them again following worship.
- 11 AM marks the start of worship, which usually lasts for about one hour, followed by a time of refreshments and conversation in Geneva Hall. Everyone is encouraged to join us in Geneva Hall after worship, though if your schedule or situation doesn't fit, we totally understand if you need to be on your way after the service.
- PARKING: Unless you're walking, bussing, or using time-travel to get to Knox, you'll want to give yourself enough time to secure a place for your vehicle as we don't have our own parking lot. Free parking is available on most streets on weekends, including both sides of Lisgar Street every Sunday.
- GOOD NEWS ABOUT CITY HALL PARKADE: Ottawa City Hall recently passed a motion granting FREE parking at the City Hall Parkade on evenings and weekends, lasting through to the conclusion of Elgin street construction in 2019. The Parkade is accessible from the west entrance at Elgin & Nepean or the North doors from Laurier Avenue. Knox is directly south of City Hall at the corner of Lisgar and Elgin Streets.